Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rainy days


Well, it has been one rainy week here! Ever since last Tuesday we have been getting rain on and off (mostly on). I have to say I am more than ready to see the sun again!! To go along with the dreary weather, the kids and I all have colds. So the house is, shall we say, less than perfect right now, as I don't have a whole lot of energy or desire to do housework! And the meals have been sketchy over the past few days. Thankfully I have an understanding husband! Yesterday he gave me a break and I took a nap for several hours while he watched the kiddos. I woke up to find Sam happily playing with trains, while Julia was conked out on Jim's lap. Today he went off to church by himself and the rest of us got to sleep in till after 8 am. Very nice!

Now everyone except me is napping, and I think I may be heading that way myself, shortly. I've been spending some lazy time online and printed out a few articles about homekeeping, cleaning, etc. from The Sparrow's Nest to put in a binder. I've been thinking over the past few days that whenever I come across a good article on a blog or website, I need to just print it out so I won't have to go back and hunt for it later. Kind of a lightbulb moment for me, I guess . . . :) It is so much fun to add to my collection of homemaking tips, ideas, and recipes in this way.

Well, I'm hoping to post more tomorrow. Till then . . . I am off to take a nap, and hopefully get myself back to 100% over the next few days! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I hope you'll be feeling better quickly! I've just had a doozy of a cold myself. I almost always get one after a vacation where I've had to do lots of flying...oh well, small price to pay! :-)

Rachel said...

I hope that you and your little ones feel better soon. Hey, why don't you send some rain down here to TN?:) We are overdue for some nice rainshowers although I do love the sunny days. The crockpot lasagna looks fabulous. The convenience factor is quite appealing. I have been having a difficult time with steady meal planning. In Vermont, I was very familiar with the 3 grocery stores and their layouts, sales etc. Down here, I have yet to whip through the Krogers w/o having to backtrack. Anyway, I am sure that in time, I will be able to become more familiar with things. I hope that you have a nice day.

Carrie said...

Mary Ann, thanks! I hope you are feeling better, too. :)

Rachel, you are welcome to how ever much rain you want. :) We finally saw the sun today--yay!!

Yes, the convenience of the crockpot lasagna can't be beat. Much easier than traditional lasagna, that's for sure. I can imagine it would be hard to find your way around new grocery stores! Here we only have a Hannaford and super Walmart, but whenever we go into a Shaw's or Market Basket, I am totally lost. I think Krogers (at least some of them) can be pretty good stores--I hear they sometimes have good sales going on. Hope you can get familiar with it quickly!