Monday, April 09, 2007

Cleaning Challenge--Kitchen--Day 1

Today was busy!!! I had an eye dr. appointment this morning, and my mom graciously kept the kids while I went to that. I also went into Walmart and Marshall's for a few minutes to get a few things (half-price Reese's peanut butter eggs at Walmart--one of my favorite things!), and we ate lunch at my parents' house, so with all that, we were out of the house for about 4 hours.

I knew I needed to get into high gear when we got home, if I wanted to get any cleaning done in the kitchen. Thankfully Sam went down for his nap, and Julia took a catnap, and then later played happily while I worked. Today I focused on the sink/counter/under-sink cabinet on the end wall of the kitchen. Here's what I got done:

*Washed the inside of the window (I'll save the outside for another day--when Jim can help me tilt it in. I tried this by myself last year and had some problems getting the window to lock back in place!)
*Moved everything off the counter and washed it
*Loaded the dishwasher, washed a few dishes by hand, and shined the sink
*Made a "valance" for my window, using 2 moose/tree themed dishcloths that I just got for my birthday, on a tension rod

*Vacuumed and organized my under-sink cabinet
*Made a curtain for the same cabinet--I was tired of looking at the underneath of the sink and the plumbing! It will look better with cabinet doors, but that's probably a few months down the road, so this was a nice quick fix. :)


I was happy to get this much done, and it will be fun to see how tomorrow goes!

Sorry I haven't responded to comments this week--I usually try to answer each one, but I guess I have been too busy cleaning! I'll try to do better this week. Please know that I do appreciate each one of you who takes the time to comment on my posts, and thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!

No comments: