Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hump-Day Happenings

(Credit for the post title goes to one of my high school teachers, Miss R, who would always say "Happy Hump-Day!" to her students every Wednesday. That's because Weds. is the "hump" of the week, being the middle day. :) )

Today has been a little rough for my poor baby girl, who apparently has one of the stomach bugs that's been going around. :( I didn't suspect anything amiss until she threw up all over me about an hour or so after she got up. Even then, I had hopes that it was a one-time thing, since she still seemed pretty lively and happy. But as the day progressed, she got more droopy and threw up again. She's sleeping (off and on, very restlessly), snuggled up on me most of the time. Consequently, I haven't gotten much done around here. But that's OK--helping her to feel better is more important right now.

Jim unexpectedly came home right before lunchtime, which was a huge blessing. So he was able to take Sam down in the garage with him for a while, and I was able to focus on caring for Julia. Thankfully, she seems to be doing much better, as of this evening. She's kept everything down since around 1 pm and has been playing some. Now we're just praying that the rest of us will stay healthy and that Julia will be back to 100% by tomorrow!

In other news, I received my new Ergo carrier in the mail last week, and it is awesome!! I was truly amazed at how much more comfortable it is on my shoulders and back. Julia seems to like it too, and has taken good naps in there several times. I'll try and post a more detailed review of it soon. I was VERY pleased with the service from Along for the Ride, so if anyone is looking to buy one of these, be sure to check out their website!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Julia! How is she feeling today? And are you so far/so good on the rest of the family? Hope all is well!

Carrie said...

Julia seemed to be better today--she did throw up again this morning, but kept everything down since then. She hasn't wanted to nurse as much as usual, though . . . but I've been trying to get as much into her as possible to avoid dehydration. I think she is OK in that regard,though, since she's kept everything down. The rest of us are feeling just fine, thankfully!!

We were even wondering if it could be something related to teething? I've heard of some kids having symptoms like that . . . but there is so much going around this time of year, that it may just be a bug.