Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Countdown Challenge--Day 20


Wow, 10 days down and only 20 to go!! Time is flying by and Christmas is right around the corner!

Today I got a little more done; I think I have nearly all my decorations out now. I'm including some pics on this post so you can get a little idea of what our home looks like right now. I still have a couple homemade garlands that I'd like to hang, as well as a couple stockings (just decorative ones, not our "real" ones) that my mom made last year for the kids.

Here is our creche. This is very special to me because my Grampa made the stable. My parents have one just like it, and he made one for each of my siblings and me after we were married. I also love the Nativity figures--one of the prettiest sets I've seen.


This picture shows part of the table behind our couch, where some of my moose figurines are displayed. I put some branches and berries behind them for the season. Branches are real; berries are not.

This little table usually stands between our two comfy chairs in the living room, but we moved it to the side to make room for the Christmas tree. Here I put my "Christmoose" family, a couple of decorative boxes, and our angel chimes in the front.

I decided I don't have enough flat surfaces for all my Christmas decorations! That's why the top of the piano is rather crowded. Some of the things live there year-round and I might move some of them to make more room. I have four snowmen from my growing collection up there.


I also started writing our annual Christmas letter today. I think I got it about half done before I got interrupted. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish that and get it typed up and printed out. I was also able to make a little more progress on a homemade gift.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, girl. Sounds like you had a productive day! Your mooses look so homey in your home! Isn't it fun to decorate? Sounds like Jim is going to have to build you some shelves for your snowmen.

Jenny said...

I like your moose! We have a few moose items people have given us; I think they find it amusing that the kiddos at church call us "Mr. Moose" and "Mrs. Moose"

We have some antler headbands that we wear occasionally. :-)

Mrs.T said...

You DID have a productive day! I accomplished some work on several different gifts, finished another basket, and did some shopping for gift components. Full report on my blog, as usual.