Thursday, July 14, 2005

My blond moment for the day . . .

I probably should be too mortified to even consider sharing this on my blog, but I did a dumb thing today--locked my keys in the car at the grocery store. I discovered this when I was finished shopping and had a cart full of meat and other perishable things which proceeded to get warmer and warmer as I waited for help (in the form of Jim) to come and bail me out. Fortunately I had just enough change in my purse to call him at his job. But just in case I didn't feel dumb enough, when he arrived, he checked the back door of the Suburban, and it was unlocked . . . I had forgotten that you have to lock that one with a key . . . so I could have crawled in that way and let myself in. Well, as Anne of Green Gables would say, "Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it--yet." :)

We are making good progress in the Sam Sleep department. Last night he woke up twice, once around midnight and then again around 3 am, but both times he laid right back down for me without throwing a fit like he has every other night, and fell back to sleep within 10-15 minutes each time. I am definitely feeling encouraged. I think he's slowly figuring out what we want him to do. I know it supposedly takes 3 weeks to establish any new habit, and we haven't gotten to the point of him not waking at all yet, but hopefully soon . . . and then hopefully within 3 weeks after that, we will be good to go! And then we will all be getting better rest!

Discount on "Created to Be His Help Meet"

Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood is hopefully going to be offering "Created to Be His Help Meet" (which I have recommended in previous posts) at an awesome discount, as long as she can get enough people to commit to buy them. I plan to buy 10 to have on hand for gifts. I know others have been as blessed by this book as I have, and I wanted to make sure to promote this sale--the books normally sell for about $12, so the discount she'll be getting is really a great savings. Be sure to check out the details here!

Well, it's late and I need to get ready for bed. Hopefully I'll have time to write more and post some new Sam pictures soon!

No comments: