Monday, March 14, 2005

One of those days . . .

Well, now that I can see I'm up and running, I'll try a longer entry! This is fun. :) And I love the new template I just found, too! I had the page set up with a different background, more of a basic style, but then I found that they had more templates in another spot, so I ended up choosing this pretty lighthouse one.

It's been one of those days. I have a nasty cold and all I want to do is lie down and sleep, but do you think I can get my little guy to sleep for more than half an hour today? No, I cannot! He has been super fussy this afternoon (after a cheerful morning), and I know he is tired, but he just won't give in and sleep. I can't wait for my hubby to come home!! Just so I can maybe get a few minutes to myself . . . :)

Right now Sam is on the floor next to me, playing happily with a bunch of collectors' spoons off my spoon rack (which is currently stashed behind the couch, because we don't have any wall space for it here). For some reason he likes playing in little confined spaces . . . Anyway, at least he is amusing himself and not crying and bouncing up and down beside me, wanting to be picked up, as he was a few minutes ago.

For those whom I haven't been in touch with in ages, believe it or not, Sam just turned one last week. (It's hard for me to believe, too!) I have no idea how that year went by so fast. He is beginning to master walking and just today started saying "ba" while waving "bye bye" at the same time. So I think he's trying to say "bye"! He will also imitate us when we give him his doggy blankie and ask him what a doggy says. I'll say "woof woof" (to answer my own question) and he'll respond with "oof oof". It's very cute.

Well, his happy playtime seems to be coming to an end now, so I better get going!

No comments: