Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Wednesday Medley: April 3

Today is National Film Score Day!  What a fun theme.  Here are my answer for today's Wednesday Medley, hosted by Terri at Your Friend from Florida.

1.  Let's talk about film scores/songs.  What is the first one that you thought about when you saw today's subject?  The first one that popped into my mind was the Star Wars theme.  I didn't "discover" Star Wars until I was a newlywed (thanks to Jim!), although I have an early memory of seeing a movie poster for Return of the Jedi at the grocery store, I think!  Plus we went to an Ice Capades show that had Ewoks in it, but I had no idea they were from Star Wars till years later.  Anyway, I digress...I love the Star Wars film scores, as well as many others!

2.  Do you remember the first movie you ever saw on the "big screen"? Would you tell us about it? Yes!  Believe it or not, I never saw a movie in the theater till I was an adult (my family didn't go to movie theaters when I was growing up).  The first movie Jim and I went to together was Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. (The LOTR movies also have fantastic scores!)  We've seen a few movies in the theater since then, but don't go very often because it's pricey and there aren't usually many movies we really care to see.

3.  Who is your favorite female movie star?   Who is your favorite male movie star?  Go ahead and list more than one if you must.  I definitely have to list more than one!  Female faves: Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Maureen O'Hara, Julie Andrews,  Meg Ryan.  Male faves: Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck (I happen to share his  birthday!), Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Tom Hanks, Tom Selleck, David Suchet...  Hmmmm....I seem to have more male favorites than female!  Also I prefer actors from a long time ago to most current actors, with a few exceptions.

4.  How about those old black & white movies!  Which one do you always stop and watch, even just a little, when channel surfing?  We don't have regular TV so I never actually channel surf, but if I did...my favorite old movie would have to be Roman Holiday.  This is another one I didn't discover till I was an adult, and I absolutely love it.  Except the ending...I find it rather dissatisfying after the rest of the movie!  Still, I love it and have watched it over and over, thanks to owning it on DVD.  I also love some of the old suspense movies such as Charade, and North by Northwest.

5.  Is there a movie quote that makes you laugh or one that you repeat often in life that you can share with us?  Will we know what movie it comes from without you telling us?  "Life is pain, Highness.  Anyone who says differently is selling something."  "This is true love.  You think this happens every day?"  "Have fun storming the castle!" "Inconceivable!"  These are all from what is possibly the most quotable movie of all time...probably some of you will know it!

6.  Please share something random about your week with us.  My week hasn't gone as planned, due to sickness still lingering in our family.  Josiah came down with it on Sunday, then Sam came down with it yesterday.  Both boys have had throwing up and stomach issues as well as the cough and fever. 😞 So, we haven't had a normal school routine going, and everyone's been sleeping as much as possible.  It's been a full week of sickness now, and I am so ready for everyone to be healthy again!  On the plus side, the weather has been warming up slowly but surely, the snow is melting, and I think spring may really be around the corner! 😊 Happy Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I am sorry you guys have been sick! I hope you all get to feeling better soon.
I love reading everyone's favorite movies. Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Terri D said...

Thanks for joining the Medley today! It has been fun comparing everyone's answers!!

Carrie said...

Thank you ladies for visiting my blog! These were really fun questions to answer. :)

Mrs.T said...

This was fun to read! It was going to take way too much thought for me to participate in this theme, so I went with a far simpler Wednesday post. Loved reading your answers though!