Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, the week got away from me and I never got a thankfulness post up till now. We had a nice, low-key day and enjoyed a yummy dinner with my parents, grandmother, and an uncle and aunt from my dad's side.

I am thankful for so many things, but today I am especially thankful for the sweet husband and precious little ones that God has blessed me with! There is so much joy in my life because of them. I want to treasure every moment.

We came home around 5:30 pm and have been relaxing and watching movies all evening. Soon the kiddos will be tucked in bed, and hopefully we too will soon be sleeping off all the calories we consumed today. :) I don't think we'll be hitting any early morning sales tomorrow, unless Jim gets up to get a few things at Sears. Speaking of Black Friday sales, though, Amazon will be having some good sales tomorrow so you can shop without going out in the cold and waiting in the long lines. :) I'd love to have you use my associate link if you plan to take advantage of them!

And speaking of Amazon, look what Jim got me for an early Christmas present!! I've been wanting one of these for a while now. I already own a 5 qt. Kitchen Aid which we got when we were first married, and I love it. But since I started making most of our bread, I've been hoping to upgrade to this model so I can make 4 loaves at a time instead of just 2. The price on two colors (licorice and meringue) went fairly low on Amazon's Thanksgiving sale this week, plus there's a $50 rebate on top of it, so Jim decided this would be a good time to get one. It arrived yesterday and I can't wait to try it out!! Maybe tomorrow . . .

Well, I'm starting to get sleepy, so I think I'll go curl up on the couch and finish watching a movie with Jim and the kids. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely thanksgiving! I'm not a huge mixer fan but it sounds like you will certainly put yours to good use. Enjoy a relaxing family day at home today! I'm only planning on hitting target and then getting out our Christmas box of decorations. Yay!

Rachel said...

I LOVE your new mixer!! Jim got a terrific deal on it. That is what we paid for my 5 qt. mixer a few years back. I don't know what I would do w/o mine. I use it ALL of the time for my baking. Enjoy using it and let us know what kinds of yummy things you are inspired to make:).

I hope that you are feeling well and not experiencing any sciatica. I'm praying for you:).